MSWA Client Tracey Hockey has been living with the effects of stroke since 2016.
What does ‘connection’ mean to you?
Being connected to my family, friends and others in a positive and meaningful way. Being a part of others’ lives.
Why is connection important?
Being connected is so important to my mental and physical wellbeing. If I’m not connected, I become isolated. Then I shut down and my world becomes very small. It is only through being connected to others that I can put things into perspective.
How do you find connection?
I find connection through:
- Regular play dates with my grandies (grandchildren)
- Pet-sitting my ‘fur grandies’
- Staying with family in the countryside
- Caravan weekends away with friends
- Community groups e.g. meditation
- MSWA Hydrotherapy
- East Fremantle Lacrosse Club
- MSWA Counsellors
- Working part-time
- Regular walks with my best friend
- Regular bicycle rides with my partner
Several of the above allow me to connect with other people living with neurological conditions, which is of great benefit to me.